• Street Wise Style: The Self Defence Bracelet

I work in the city but actually live in the country, that way I get to have the best of both worlds.  Because I have to endure the rat race everyday commuting to and from work it often means that I’m late home. In the winter it’s so much worse just because it’s basically pitch black by 4 o’clock. Walking down badly lit street s is never fun and I do genuinely even think that I’d feel more comfortable sporting a self-defence bracelet.
Luckily for us the ingenious invention has been born. Indiana born Caroline Olah is the brains behind the bracelet called The Little Viper . The mastermind entrepreneur has created a stealth self-defence bracelet to keep your protected 24 hours a day. The design for the bracelet is a simple yet affective concept that dispenses pepper spray to help you fend off an attacker.



This little nifty number ensures to do its job in protecting you as it holds enough spray for up to six uses which also includes a range up to three feet. The Little Viper will get rid of any enemy in a jiffy as the cute little bracelets are armed with maximum strength formula which the side effects could last form anything from fifteen minutes to forty five minutes.



I’m not one to walk through a park late at night or anything but I do feel slightly anxious sometimes walking from a club to even just a taxi on a night out.  I’m pretty certain that I’d feel  a lot better in knowing that I have that extra security with one of these bracelets, as it just lends that slight bit of reassurance in helping to put your mid at rest coming  where I think it would come in especially handy for times when your worse for wear.



As a woman I’m sure I am more likely to feel more venerable than a man but at the same time in this day and age we live in, men are just as susceptible to being victims of crime just as much as women. I have a lot of faith in this product, if I had teenage children I would absolutely consider wearing one of these devices for school as you just never know it could help in an untoward situation.

This product has huge potential with its discreet contemporary design available in pink and black. I would say that investing in this piece is definitely worth it because there are a whole load of uncomfortable everyday scenario’s which we could easily find ourselves in quite quickly.

Where safety is concerned this piece is a practical bit of jewellery that you could take and wear on holiday as its likely that you will not be familiar with the area and people.  The Little Viper makes the perfect accompanying piece for a bike ride, a run or even for when you take the dog out for the walk as these routes will often travel into the middle of nowhere.


The design and style aesthetic of the piece does somewhat remind of the CFDA bracelet that Vogue’s charity fund brought out. I was a little apprehensive in knowing what this piece could offer because the market is already saturated with alarming bracelets that are so ridiculously loud that it turns into white noise. While the idea for alarming jewellery is good one in theory, I would never want to wear one all the time just because it seems too easy for it to go off. The Little Viper is in a league of its own where I would happily rock this piece to feel protected from harm’s way.



 

What do you think? Do you think you will invest in this personal safety number?

Image source: www.dailymail.co.uk and www.littleviper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment