• Enter the Virtual Fitting Room

With our generation online shopping is the done thing, in my office alone hundreds of items of clothes are delivered every day. But to me online shopping has always been a bit of a gamble. Why buy online when you don’t know if the item is going to fit, I’m much more confident taking time out to do some good old fashioned shopping in store to make sure I find the right size.

But there are aspects I dislike about going shopping, the weather, the people, the queues, the fact that it’s so time consuming. If only the gamble of receiving the wrong size could be removed from online shopping.

Well, it can! Fits.me is a relatively new programme that has developed a virtual fitting room. They’ve created the technology for customers to see how a brands garment would look on them by creating a robotic mannequin. The idea behind the mannequin is that it transforms millimetre by millimetre to adapt to different body shapes.



The idea behind Fits.me isn’t just great for the online shopper who can see in the cold light of their computer screen whether that pleather mini skirt looks good or not but it’s great for the retailers too.




Boosting profits and reducing the amount of returns plus helping to overcome the Online Fit Problem Fits.me is already doing well for itself. Already working with brands including Adidas, Hugo Boss, Superdry and L. K. Bennett  and a recent $5 million investment we’re excited to see whether the program will revolutionise online shopping as much as we hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment