• Holograph Concept for the iPhone

Without meaning to offend anyone but sometimes I look at my housemate’s Android phone or my sister’s archaic blackberry and wonder how they survive.

I need to charge my iPhone up two times a day otherwise my battery will be completely out by noon. This is something that I have learned to live with; I am never without a charger for fear of that little red battery icon.
I understand that the chronic need to charge my phone is due to the fact that I use it for practically everything; checking work emails, keeping up to date with Facebook, using the maps, listening to music on Spotify and watching Videos on YouTube. My phone is like an extension of my hand, it’s like a part of me; a part that needs to be kept charged throughout the day.

So as an Apple apologist/addict you can imagine how excited I was to find out that, amongst other things, they have patented the holographic touch screen. Think of the amazing things you can do with a holographic touch screen!

The things that instantly pop to mind when dreaming up the possibilities of a holographic screen include being able to see miniature versions of clothes when shopping on your tablet, 3d Face timing, and maps that are so easy to follow you’ll never be late again!

Well, it seems that I’m not the only one who’s been trying to imagine what Apple holographic screen will look like. Mike Ko; a 3D artist and animator from California has created a short video of what he envisions from Apple.







The 25 second animation shows a tiny car driving down a colourful street with buildings popping up as the car moves down the road looking like something from the Sims. It’s a brilliantly fun window into what this cool futuristic feature might just look like. Just think of the amount of times we’ll have to charge our iPhones when they come with a holographic screen as standard!



What do you think of the animation? What would you most like to use the holographic screen for?

No comments:

Post a Comment